Your well-being is important to us and for the safety of our passengers and crew we must take the following COVID-19 precautions:
- We shall remotely check your temperature before the flight. If it is above 37.50C you will not be able to join us.
- All passengers and crew must wear masks at all times. If you do not bring a mask, we shall provide you with one free of charge.
- All passengers must clean their hands with the sanitizer provided before they board our vehicles and / or the balloon.
We appreciate your understanding.
With Balloon Adventures Italy you will get exceptional value with our hot air balloon ride. Your hot air balloon flight over Umbria, the green heart of Italy, including a sumptuous breakfast and a local wine tasting experience at Cantina Dionigi, is only €195 for adults and €140 for children. Great value for one of the world’s best hot air balloon rides with one of the world’s best pilots.
The morning provides the best flying conditions. The cool and serene ambiance enhances the breathtaking views and incredible landscapes. Weather permitting, we fly 7 days a week from May 1st until the end of October.
Easy! You will be flying over one of the most beautiful places in the world with one of the world’s most experienced hot air balloon pilots.
The actual hot air balloon flight lasts about one hour. Depending on how long you want to enjoy your Umbrian breakfast and wine tasting, the tour lasts about 4 to 6 hours.
Wear comfortable sporty clothing. It is advisable to carry a light jacket or cardigan. As you will have to climb in and out of the basket, wearing a skirt or a long dress can get in the way. A sun hat or cap is also a good idea. Avoid wearing high heels and flip-flops. Trainers are ideal.
The meeting place is Cantina Dionigi (get directions here). The meeting time could be as early as 6:30am in June or as late as 7:30am in September.
Our take-off site is 12km from Assisi, on the opposite side of the valley. Our meeting point is at the Cantina Dionigi winery. See this page to get directions.
The balloon flies with the wind, which determines direction and distance, so the flight paths differ from flight to flight.
For your safety, all hot air balloon rides with us are weather permitting. In case of weather cancellation by Balloon Adventures Italy we shall book you in for another convenient time or you can receive a full refund if you wish.
Cancellations are allowed no later than 48 hours prior to the date of the hot air balloon flight. Any cancellation made less than 48 hours before this date or no-shows will be charged in full.
Although taking a hot air balloon ride is very safe, there are a few passengers we are unable to fly:
- Ladies more than 3 months pregnant
- Children less than 6 years of age
- Anyone that has had major surgery in the last 6 months
- Anyone that has had a broken leg/arm in the last 6 months
- Anyone who suffers from chronic back or neck pain or injuries
No further questions? Take a hot Air Balloon Ride at Assisi Umbria Italy
for children (6 to 12)